Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter eggs / margučiai

Happy Easter everybody :))) Linksmų šv. Velykų!

Today I want to show you the Easter eggs me and my mom were making yesterday. It is a family tradition coming from my mom and my grandfather to decorate the eggs for Easter with wax, which is also a Lithuanian traditional way. Already when I was little my grandfather teached me to decorate and when he saw that I can do it and I like doing it he was very happy that this tradition is passed to younger generations :)
This year we had a technological improvement for heating the wax ;) my uncle made very rustic "equipment" :) as I'm a fan of detail you can distinguish which are mine by the small pin I used to draw the lines on eggs :)

Šiandien pasirodysiu su margučiais, kuriuos vakar marginome (ir kurių dar nespėjome išdalinti). Šeimoje marginame visada tradiciniu lietuvišku būdu, su vašku, taip margina mano mama ir mano senelis buvo tiesiog meistras marginimo. Dar kai buvau pakankamai mažytė jis išmokino mane ir pamatęs vėliau, kad man patinka ir gerai sekėsi, labai džiaugėsi, kad tradicija jau perduota ir išlaikyta :)
Šiais metais marginimas dar buvo technologiškai patobulintas, nes dėdė sumeistravo nusižiūrėjęs iš kažkur vaškui kaitinti tokį įrengimą. Kurie margučiai mano galima atskirti iš detalių smulkumo, kadangi aš tokia mėgėja smulkintis visada :)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, thank you for sharing! Happy Easter. The eggs look wonderful!
    Nancy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs are wonderful. I hope your Easter was also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simona - thanks for visiting and following my blog!

    Wow these eggs are amazing, such fine detail. It would be a treat to find one of these!

    ReplyDelete